Clamp Truck Operator
The following are the physical demands for the job of Clamp Truck Operator. The listed parameters are job specific to the essential components of this job classification.
Description of Duties: Accurately identify, move and process paper rolls/skids and materials throughout the plant. This is accomplished through material handling, servicing of production machines and other manufacturing duties as needed, and requires use of various pieces of Powered & Industrial equipment, desktop and mobile PC’s and scanning equipment.
Essential Functions of Job:
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The ability to perform all necessary functions of paper handling; including but not limited to, receiving/shipping, labeling, staging, identifying damage, verifying counts and assigning a location of paper with scanning and barcode system.
- The ability to deliver product from warehouse to designated location.
- The ability to interpret job instructions to locate product/supplies and move, stack, and unstack paper throughout the plant through use of Powered Industrial Equipment (Clamp Truck, etc).
- Ability to work independently.
- The ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
- The ability to relay all necessary information to both internal and external customers.
- The ability to maintain a clean and organized work area.
- The ability to actively participate and follow all Safety and Lean regulations, policies and initiatives. Including performing daily maintenance inspections and reporting any issues of concern to the appropriate leader.
- The ability to complete all other job duties as assigned; may include: maintaining truck schedule, checking drivers in/out, preparing and signing shipping/receiving documentation, handling other product types, etc.
- Ability to identify and resolve minor maintenance issues on relevant equipment proficiently
- Ability to complete work according to priorities and within a timely manner
- Ability to drive a forklift, clamp truck and operate other Powered Equipment
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers and all other internal/external contacts
- Ability to understand and use basic math skills
- Ability to learn computer applications and scanning equipment
- Ability to work Quad assigned work schedule including rotation shifts, day, night, weekends and overtime as needed
- Change propane tank on forklift. Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a 10-panel drug test
- Must have steel toe shoes
- 7 year background check is required
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.