• Manages and documents all aspects of technical projects carried out with the customer. Develops comprehensive understanding of customer contract requirements and ensures adherence to requirements.
• Defines and communicates performance metrics to management. Prepares and presents project briefings to management and provides the necessary information to effectively manage the business.
• Ensures adherence to related company policies, processes and procedures.
• Actively participates in growth of the business by identifying and developing approaches to new business opportunities with new and/or current customers, and captures new opportunities. Provides accurate and timely feedback of market intelligence and customer desires to assist in product development and improvement.
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive understanding of the maritime defense market.
• Responsible for developing long term strategic plans to increase and maximize business opportunities with current and new customers.
• Participates and supports bid and proposal efforts.
• Positively contributes to overall departmental and organizational sales goals, programs and projects.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• At least three (3) years of experience in Program, Project or Account management in a government contracting or related environment.
• Strong knowledge and prior experience working with Federal Department of Defense (DOD)/US Navy/Military (MIL), etc., and government contracting requirements is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project®and knowledge of Deltek CostPoint software.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and decision making skills.
• Excellent analytical, project management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
• Participation in relevant industry and professional organizations.
• Must be available to travel.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.