ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works within the standard modeling architecture established by ESSCO Engineering.
• Sketching. Makes final sketch checking dimensions of parts to verify they meet requirements.
• Background Knowledge. None
• Dimensioning. Understands datum line dimensioning and good dimensioning practices and applies these practices to 2-dimensional models and detail drawings.
• Tolerances. Understands manufacturing tolerances for typical manufacturing processes.
• Drawings. Draws finished designs from templates and / or verbal discussions about requirements. Applies good drafting practices.
• As-made Parts Verification. Uses calculators, tape measures, calipers, micrometers, scales, feeler gauges and other engineering tools to check fabricated and purchased parts against sketches and drawings and / or to document parts for which drawings do not yet exist.
• Teamwork. Maintains cordial relationships with staff including shop floor, engineering, purchasing, clerical and management staff.
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Certification or Associate’s degree in Drafting.
Requires at least (1) year of mechanical design/drafting experience with extensive experience in AutoCAD™.
Excellent computer skills required with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Access™), engineering drafting software such as AutoCAD™.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required. This position may be subject to security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Professional Engineer’s license is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.