Under general supervision, the Electrical Engineer is responsible for circuit design, signal processing and hardware component selection of electro-mechanical naval-based communication and control systems. The engineer is responsible for ensuring the design satisfies system requirements including elecrical, power, and thermal considerations. The engineer is also responsible for providing manufacturing floor build and test support. The engineer is responsible for selecting and documenting standard components for the department design library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiess
• Interprets customer specifications to define requirements for electrical designs.
• Analog, digital, and microprocessor design for naval communication and control systems
• Electronic circuit design using new and existing technologies.
• Design, prototype, test and documentation of electro-mechanical systems.
• Support manufacturing and test to ensure a reliable and profitable product.
• Support obsolescence mitigation, and specify alternate parts for existing products and systems.
• Select and document standard components for design library
• Take directions from project engineer and department manager.
• Travel and work off-site at another location may be required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
• 0 to 5 years work experience in the field of electrical engineering.
• Practical experience with circuit design and analysis software tools.
• Good communication skills
• Practical experience in standard component selection
• Practical experience in electro-mechanical assembly functional test
• Practical experience using electrical-design CAD tools.
Skills, Knowledge, Certifications and Conditions
• Must have a solid knowledge of analog, microprocessor, programmable logic design and test skills that will be utilized in design of I/O intensive applications. Practical experience using electrical-design CAD tools
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.