ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties maybe assigned.
- Responsible for set-up, lay-out, tack-up and welding of various precision weldments.
- Tack up structures to tight tolerance.
- Weld to precision and exact tolerances.
- Hold final required cosmetic finish with angle grinders and sanders.
- Use overhead jib cranes in a safe manner. Essential “rigging” knowledge is necessary.
- Move parts and heavy weldments on and off machinery and throughout the facility.
- Read complicated prints and “spec. weld symbols”.
- Follow work instructions, methods sheets and all other BEP requirments.
- Knowledge of general shop practices and shop safety
- Lays out parts dimensions on worktable for use as a fit up table
- Positions parts in jig and files and grinds parts, as indicated, to fit them together.
- Compares dimensions of assembly to blueprint specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Two to Four years’ experience either in a production or job shop environment as a fitter welder.
- Experience working with aluminum.
- Able to pass MIG/TIG welding.qulaification test
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints
- Working knowledge of precision measuring equipment including but not limited to Vernier, Micrometers and Gage Blocks
- Working knowledge of weld symbols
- Ability to fit, tack and weld sub- plate assemblies, structures, stainless steel sheet, plates, bar, etc. in accordance with welding codes and specifications
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, jib cranes, tow motors and other material handling equipment
- Understand various edge preps before welding.
- Good understanding of set up techniques.
- Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled
- High School Diploma or GED
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.