HW Staffing is currently hiring Stand up Forklift Operator.
Starting pay is $12.00/hour, 1st and 2nd Shift Positions Available (12hr shifts).
**Must pass Drug Screen and Background check. Business Casual Attire and be prepared to answer interview questions.
*TO APPLY READ CAREFULLY JOB DESCRIPTION and Send resume to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Forklift Operator Job Description
Operate powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Ability to work in very extreme cold temperatures, below 30 degrees with appropriate PEP. *NEED TO HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
• Obtains copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
• Loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks.
• Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility.
• Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions.
• Checking loads are secure.
• Stacking empty pallets.
• Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and lubricating equipment.
• Removing machine attachments and waste material from machines.
• Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required.
• High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a SAFE work environment.
• Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records.
• Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner.
• Maintain a clean & safe environment.
• May be required to use RF scanner gun.
• Stand up Forklift experience & certification (CROWN & RAYMOND) previously certified per OSHA standards.
Physical demands and abilities
• Occasionally lift-up to 50-75 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time during 12-hour shift.
• Having a good sense of balance.
• Having good eye-hand-foot coordination.
• Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights.
• Must be comfortable working in a secure warehouse setting.
• Applicants must have reliable transportation.