Under general supervision, the Warehouse Laborer will manually move freight, stock and other materials. The Warehouse Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment of food products. 1st Shift, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Manually load and unload freight.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Maintain a clean, neat, order work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
- Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking.
- Ensure time is allocated properly to customers.
- Report hazards to shift supervisor.
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
- Comply with OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience and Skills
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires ability to work independently
- Must be able to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts,
Requires the ability to pay close attention to details and meet deadlines, occasionally work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings.
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Associate is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 80 lbs. To apply: only qualified and local candidates with related experience will be considered. Pre-employment Drug & Alcohol Screening Required.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.