Industrial Sewing Machine Mechanic
Fall River, MA
Industrial Sewing Machine Mechanic/Plant Maintenance for 1st shift
The Sewing Machine Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day function, operation, and maintenance of our production machinery used across our apparel manufacturing process, including sewing machines, heat press machines, computerized and automated machines, and cutting equipment. Our mechanic’s goal is to configure machines for optimal production and ensure that they’re in working order to minimize down time and the transition time between production lines.
- Sets up and configures machinery at the start of each production order so the machine is optimized for fabric, operation, and product.
- Adjusts machinery as needed to support quality and production targets.
- Conducts daily preventative maintenance and repair program to reduce machine downtime.
- Assists with ordering, building, and/or installing equipment and configurations using guides and attachments to allow operators with different abilities to perform on such machines, and reduce operator handling.
- Recommend necessary upgrades and specialized machinery to enhance production efficiencies and reduce production costs.
- Coordinates contract maintenance and repair subcontracts when necessary.
- Leads safety-first culture and helps implement and ensure safety procedures are used throughout production facility.
- Works according to safety procedures including lockout/tag when repairing and working on machines.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for all equipment assigned. Order machine parts, equipment, and configurations when approved.
- Test and document operation of installed machine safety devices and guarding as per documented procedures.
- Maintain logs of all repairs and preventative maintenance in accordance with our Klear Vu requirements
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical problems in machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, dismantle or reassemble machinery and equipment as necessary.
- Other duties and tasks as needed to support production, quality, and safety goals.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience implementing safety policies and procedures
- Experience working on industrial sewing machines
- Track record of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Shares our culture of problem solving, our belief that empowerment is good for business, our commitment to collaborative leadership, and our willingness to roll our sleeves up.
- Knowledge of single needle, overlook, bar tack, and programmable automatic machines.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
- Full time hourly. Hours of operation M-F 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Compensation based upon experience
- Health insurance provided.
Mechanic: 5 + years
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.