The Inventory Leader is responsible for receiving, storing and controlling the inventory of raw ingredients, supplies, sundry items etc. from receipt through shipping or other disposition.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; processes purchasing orders as required; tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Receives, unpacks, and delivers goods; re-stocks items as necessary; labels shelves.
- Processes and documents returns as required following established procedures.
- Performs routine clerical duties, including data entry, answering telephones, and assisting customers.
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information (Lot Codes) and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons identifying shipping information on cartons & pallets.
- Receives incoming shipments and examines shipments, for HACCP & SQF compliance, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Sets up packaging area with required supplies for daily production
- Assists in the packaging area as needed for packaging finished goods
- Labels all finished goods from daily production with Product Name, SKU, Lot code and Expiration.
- Reports to the production manager or assistant manager final production counts
- Maintains storage areas of Finished goods and Raw ingredients Dry & Frozen to GMP standards utilizing First in First out (FIFO) and in a clean and orderly manner.
- Prepares outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet Quality specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to Freezer & Dry storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments as needed.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College level degree a plus.
- 3 plus years of inventory management or related experience.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience including Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Strong mathematical aptitude.
- Good written and oral communications skills required.
- Dependability, with a strong work ethic, and eager to share and communicate with team.
- Ability to interact well with other staff members and in alignment with company’s overall goals is required.
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMP requirements.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., walk, reach, bend, stoop.
Maintain information security with regard to all company’s proprietary information
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.