Lead Maintenance Technician
Purpose of Position
Experienced Technician with 5+ years of experience in a lead capacity working in a manufacturing environment. The qualified individual will assist the Maintenance Manager in overseeing maintenance programs and personnel in the plant. The Lead Technician must be able to repair and maintain injection molding machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulics, conveyor systems, electrical devices and other secondary equipment such as Martin Machines and Heat Transfer machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with and provide backup leadership to supervise, schedule and lead the maintenance department in the absence of the department manager.
- Mentor team members to grow their capabilities through hands-on and side by side work with maintenance team members
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for improvements to process and procedure to maintain optimal equipment efficiencies.
- Interfaces with all levels and departments of the Company
- Recommend improvements to equipment and processes to enhance quality and productivity.
- Replaces and repairs parts on machines such as bearings, filters, wiring, valves, gauges and switches.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Replaces electrical parts and equipment.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
Skills and Requirements:
Requires a High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or related trade school education; Apprenticeship with 3-5 years experience as a Maintenance Mechanic. 5+ years’ experience in a lead/supervisory role.
Must have strong electrical skills as well as experience with Hydraulic equipment.
Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills and have the ability to proactively communicate techniques, ideas, changes, and improvement suggestions.
Ability to use a variety of common hand and power tools. Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical properties.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning AbilityAbility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule forms.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.