HW Staffing is currently seeking Machine Operators to work at our clients’ location. Our client is the world’s premier designer and manufacturer of ground-based radomes, including composite and metal space frame radomes, shipboard and airborne radomes, as well as precision reflectors and antenna products.
- Sets up and operate lathes, millers, shapers, grinders, planers and power drills.
- Works from blueprints, sketches and verbal instructions.
- Performs highly diversified machinery operations such as boring, turning, facing, reaming, grinding, milling and tapering.
- Performs work on machine parts, forgings and casting which are of varying degrees of complexity in mature and critically dimensioned.
- Determines and maintain the proper operational sequences at all times, make all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job.
- Determines the appropriate feeds and speeds for all operations.
- Checks own work. Usually works to tolerance of +/-.0001.
- Reads and interprets complex blueprints and manufactures parts from a layout drawing without use of sketches or verbal instructions making all necessary mathematical calculations to complete the job according to the drawing.
- Bench work includes any necessary operations such as filing, de-burring, grinding, lapping, indexing, scraping, and fitting in order to complete mechanical assemblies from crude sketches, verbal instructions, or work samples.
- Checks own work by making set-ups and interprets gauges, electro-limit gauges, and size blocks.
- Occasionally make decisions as to fits and tolerances.
- A minimum of 10 years in a machinist position Preferred
- Have knowledge of precision measuring tools
- Basic math skills
- Familiar with and understanding of measuring scales
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.