Maintenance Facilities Associate
East freetown , MA
- Conducts comprehensive routine inspections of facilities and facilities related equipment.
- Initiates action to resolve minor discrepancies discovered during routine facilities inspections and works with the Maintenance, Facilities & EH&S Manager to resolve larger or more complex problems.
- Conducts periodic inspection and testing of safety equipment such as eye wash stations, emergency lighting systems, fire extinguishers, fire sprinkler and alarm systems.
- Oversees the company waste removal, sorting and disposal of trash and recycled materials.
- Monitors company janitorial program, insuring janitorial services are delivered to specification.
- Acts as janitorial day porter, insuring restrooms, cafeterias and break areas are clean, functioning properly and adequately stocked with supplies
- Performs janitorial tasks such as cleaning, sweeping, dusting, vacuuming and stripping/waxing of floors.
- Maintains inventory of janitorial, housekeeping and safety supplies.
- Performs landscaping tasks such as mowing, raking, sweeping, planting and weeding, insuring grounds are properly maintained and litter free.
- Performs a variety of general and preventative maintenance tasks including cleaning, painting, lubricating, belt, pulley and motor replacement, filter changes and battery upkeep.
- Performs minor interior and exterior repairs to roofs, ceilings, walls, partitions, floors, doors, etc.
- Performs minor plumbing repairs to faucets, flush valves, fixtures and drains. Clears clogged lines and toilets.
- Moves furniture, equipment and supplies as required.
- Hangs notice boards, signs, pictures, and displays.
- Changes light bulbs, ballasts and broken lenses where required.
- Responsible to assist with winter snow removal and salting of lots and walks.
- May participates and assists maintenance mechanics with equipment maintenance and repair within available skill level.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Carpentry and construction skills
- Basic HVAC repair
- Basic wiring skills for AC/DC electrical systems
- Basic plumbing and piping skills
- Janitorial cleaning skills
- Use of hand tools, power tools and simple measuring devices.
- Maintain tools and equipment in a good working order.
- Must be able to follow written and oral directions.
- Must be able to read and understand simple drawings and diagrams.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.