The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing equipment start-up, modifications, upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance on manufacturing process equipment as well as facility systems.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety and quality regulations, and maintain clean and orderly work areas and follow GMP’s
- Read, review and apply prints, schematics and operating manuals to repair and maintain equipment
- Complete work orders and paperwork regarding daily maintenance and repair duties
- Perform general building maintenance
- Generate and complete work orders as assigned from our CMMS system
- Perform a variety of preventative maintenance on machine parts, pumps, motors, hydraulic systems, related plant and facility equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical systems 24 VDC to 480VAC
- Basic PLC skills
-High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required.
-Must pass a timed basic skills test
-Ability to communicate verbally and in written form at a high level
-Ability to apply various principles and practices in a variety of skilled trade areas ( plumbing, plc, robotics, boilers, HVAC ststems, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, welding, etc.)
-Basic PC skills (MS Office)
-Prior fork lift, scissor lift, and boom truck certification
-Work overtime and weekends when required
-Related work experience: 3-5 years of similar work as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic in Food Manufacturing
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.