New Bedford, MA
- Sets up and configures machinery at the start of each production order so the machine is optimized for fabric, operation, and product.
- Adjusts machinery as needed to support quality and production targets.
- Conducts daily preventative maintenance and repair program to reduce machine downtime.
- Assists with ordering, building, and/or installing equipment and configurations using guides and attachments to allow operators with different abilities to perform on such machines, and reduce operator handling.
- Recommend necessary upgrades and specialized machinery to enhance production efficiencies and reduce production costs.
- Coordinates contract maintenance and repair subcontracts when necessary.
- Leads safety-first culture and helps implement and ensure safety procedures are used throughout production facility.
- Works according to safety procedures including lockout/tag when repairing and working on machines.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for all equipment assigned. Order machine parts, equipment, and configurations when approved.
- Test and document operation of installed machine safety devices and guarding as per documented procedures.
- Maintain logs of all repairs and preventative maintenance in accordance with our Klear Vu requirements
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical problems in machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, dismantle or reassemble machinery and equipment as necessary.
- Other duties and tasks as needed to support production, quality, and safety goals.
- Knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience implementing safety policies and procedures
- Experience working on industrial sewing machines
- Track record of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Shares our culture of problem solving, our belief that empowerment is good for business, our commitment to collaborative leadership, and our willingness to roll our sleeves up.
- Knowledge of single needle, overlook, bar tack, and programmable automatic machines.
- Knowledge of basic building maintenance.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.