Responsible for setting-up molds and molding machines, getting them started and keeping them running
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Back up the Foreman.
- Sets-up molding machines for production runs
- Removes and puts away mold and any related equipment from previous set-ups
- Performs mold cavity changes
- Performs minor mold repairs using lathe, drill presses, surface grinder etc. in doing so
- Keeps all tools clean and stored in proper place
- Performs some maintenance on equipment
- Maintains a clean work area
- Helps with machine start-up
- Checks all molding machine safety for proper operations
- Is dedicated to Safety and to following company procedures
- Plus any other tasks as directed by management
- Other duties may be assigned
- Minimum 3 years mold set and processing experience and a license to drive a fork truck.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others; ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responses well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
Written Communications – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork – balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others; views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED,
- Minimum 3 years mold set and processing experience and/or previous work experience or on the job training
- English, Spanish would be helpful.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs., be able to push or pull mold cart with a 1000 lbs. mold on it.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to work in warm conditions and with reasonable noise levels
- Possibility of slight plastic smell
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.