To perform a variety of production functions, including operating a molding press, buffing and / or deflashing of parts, assembly of parts, inspection of parts produced and packaging. This job is performed under the supervision of the shift supervisor or shift lead person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position responsibilities include:
- The operator is responsible for all safety procedures including the wearing of all required personal protective equipment.
- Read and follow work instructions and procedures.
- The operator is responsible for the verification of proper components at the work station before beginning a job.
- Operate a molding press, buffer, assembly machine or any other piece of equipment for which they are trained.
- Inspect all parts produced for defective attributes.
- Package and label products accordingly.
- Fill out completely all required paperwork for production and quality.
- Keep the work area clean and orderly.
Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, routings, specs, production worksheets, job aids, labor cards, and data sheets. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, leads, supervisors or other technical personnel, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong hand-eye coordination.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take initiative.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Position requirements include:
- Possess the ability to follow directions from and communicate with supervisors, technicians, lead person and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Ability to comprehend and train to documents such as work instructions, safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in the English language.
- Have the ability to recognize quality issues.
- Have the ability to work effectively independently, or as a team member with co-workers.
- Exhibit a high degree of responsibility with emphasis on safety.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.