Press Assistants at Quad Graphics
Press Assistant at Quad Graphics in Franklin, KY
Description Job Duties: . RETRIEVE PRINTED BOOKS FROM STACKER AND PLACE THEM IN AN ORDERLY MANNER ON PALLETS TO BE SHIPPED. . ASSIST IN PERFORMING A VARIETY OF TASKS RELATED TO THE SET UP PROCESS OF PRINTING JOBS. . READ AND UNDERSTAND SKID TAGS _ I.E. BUNDLES PER ROW, ROWS PER SKID. TYPE OF SKID REQUIRED, AND TIED OR BOXED BUINDLES. . KEEP PRESS AND PRESS AREA CLEAN. . EMPTY TRASH INTO PROPER WASTE COMPACTORS. . CHANGE OUT PAPER WASTE CONTAINERS WHEN FULL. . KEEP PRESS SUPPLIES HANDY. O.E. MAKING BOXES) A Pressman candidate for this position should be willing and able to do all items listed in job description above. A successful candidate in this position should possess: mechanical aptitude for clearing paper jams to stackers, the ability to do repetitive lifting and bending motions, good housekeeping skills that can be maintained during a 8 hours shift, rotating shifts every 6 weeks. Good verbal and listening skills the ability to work with others , and a willingness and flexibility to participate in a formal on-the job training program in order to learn new task.
- Must be able to rotate between 3 shifts every 6 weeks. 1st shift, 7am to 3pm ($11.50); 2nd shift, 3pm to 11pm ($11.30); 3rd shift, 11pm to 7am ($12.25).
- Full benefit package available to all successful candidates completing the 60 day TTH program.
- Rate of starts is $11.50 an hour. 1st shift is 7am to 3pm, 2nd is 3pm to 11pm, and 3rd shift is 11pm to 7am.
- The Pressman should have the ability to lift up to 50lb
- The Pressman should have the ability to climb vertical, mulit-level stairs.
- The Pressman should have the ability to measure approximately twelve feet.
- Must be able to pass drug test and background check.
- Good work history, factory or manufacturing experience is preferred. The Pressman should have flexibility and agility to access different components of the press while it is operating include hand coordination, squatting down, bending, walking and standing for long periods of time, kneeling; stooping, crawling, pulling, pushing and overhead reaching.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Steel toe shoes are required
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.