The Program Manager (PM) is responsible and accountable for successful completion of assigned programs/ projects. To this end the PM has the functional authority to plan and control tasks, budgets, assigned resources and schedules. While working closely with the Business Development, Operations and Engineering functions, the PM also manages proposal efforts, starting with Customer requirements interpretation and compliance verification planning through concept definition, formal submittal of the proposal to contract award.
The successful candidate must be able to create, maintain and lead a collaborative work setting in which well-defined program goals are communicated effectively by the PM and individual contributors are empowered to own their assignments in a professional and ethical environment that is demonstrative of the company’s values and policies.
Typical duties, activities and other responsibilities of the PM include:
• Simultaneously managing multiple programs/projects of various complexity
• Contract Management
• Interpretation of, and compliance with, Customer and Government technical specifications and Government regulations
• Deployment of program management tools (such as Gantt Master Integrated Program Schedule (MIPS), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Earned Value tracking and Risk Assessment).
• Effectively orchestrating the activities of teams to meet scope/schedule requirements
• Establishing a common understanding among team members regarding program/project tasks timelines and milestones, budgets, and deliverables
• Regularly reporting progress and Earned Value
• Chairing Program Management and Design Reviews (PMR, PDR, CDR)
• Planning and implementing corrective actions to mitigate schedule, budget and technical deficiencies
• Ensuring the product design and manufacturing methods are compliant with Customer, regulatory and Company mandated requirements
• Approving the product Manufacturing Data Package (MDP), Operating and Maintenance Manuals and internal documents that govern Quality (such as an Acceptance Test Procedure, (ATP))
• Compiling and publishing Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documents
• Configuration Control, including submittal of requests for changing previously approved Configuration Control Items to the Customer
• Documenting design, schedule and cost changes and securing Customer for approval for such
• Formal liaison with external Customers
• Developing internal PM processes that promote organizational efficiency and agility
• Resources and schedule planning for prospective new opportunities
• Compiling and publishing proposals
• Participating in business development activities
• Participating in strategic planning
• Performing other duties, as assigned
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related field from an accredited college or university
• Five to ten years of experience as a Program Manager – commercial and Government environments
• PMI certified Program Management Professional (PMP) status preferred
• Excellent written, oral and public speaking communications skills
• Able to build teams and promote collaboration among diverse multi-disciplinary team members
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office™ suite (Outlook™, Word™, Excel™, PowerPoint™, and Project™); knowledge of Visual ERP software desired.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.