- Working at the end of the oven, the QC personnel look over the glass with attention to detail and flag any scratches, seeds, and other defects.
- Passing grade glass is then moved, by hand, to tables where it is wrapped in a protective plastic sheet and plastic corner guards are installed or variously combined with adhesive cork protectors and foam panels.
- Lifting of finished glass is a regular part of the workday and careful placement onto carts and racks is a frequE nt activity. Some runs involve larger panels which would rate as heavy manual lifting.
- Must have sufficient dexterity and grasping ability to securely hold glass panels up to¼ inch in thickness or as little as 1/8 inch and manipulate it during transport to a rack or crate without damaging the panel.
- Light paperwork to match glass produced to work orders and ensure conforming fulfillment, computer documents are generated in English. Some light handwriting needed to record QC inspection data.
- Generally, protective steel toe work boots, a cut-resistant fabric jersey, hearing protection, and safety glasses are worn throughout the work day. Certain production may require added protective equipment.
- Routine use of glass cleaning products for final presentation.
- Most of the work day is spent standing at a roller table or at the oven rollers when first receiving the glass to inspect.
- Look over the glass with attention to detail and flag any scratches, seeds, and other defects.
- Move finished glass by hand to tables to wrap in a protective plastic sheet, install corner guards
- Place finished glass on cart and prepare for shipment
- Perform break tests and record data to break test journal.
- Apply water repellent fluid to some glass (e.g. Clearshield)
- Prepare glass for tempering (seeming)
- Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Minimum of 6 months of machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
- Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
- Willingness to move into other areas as needed/ Ability to cross train in other areas as needed.
- PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- PASS A DRUG SCREEN
- Can work overtime as needed
- Finish paperwork to ensure proper delivery and order completion
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.