Software Engineer IV - Java/C++
Job Responsibilities for a Software Engineer IV Position (Java, C++ experience):
1. Participate in engineering control system development tasks including preliminary design, design, integration and formal testing
2. Full software lifecycle application development, use of waterfall, spiral or agile methods
3. Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
4. Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis
5. Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
6. Software modeling and simulation
7. Front end graphical user interface design
8. Software testing and quality assurance
9. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability & automation.
10. Support, maintain and document software functionality
11. Integrate software with new and existing systems
12. Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
13. Maintain standards compliance
Skills for a Software Engineer Position:
1. Works well individually or in a group setting
2. Effectively works well with other employees
3. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
4. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
5. Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them
6. Possess a positive attitude with ability to "think outside the box"
7. Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities
8. As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, Expected to learn new technologies very quickly as they emerge and resolve problems
9. Good knowledge of security and encryption
10. Excellent writing skills
11. Familiarity with the following languages: Ada, C, C++, Java, .NET, Perl, Ant, Python, SQL, Oracle, Linux, Windows 10, DOS, ClearCase, ClearQuest, SVN, Confluence, JIRA, RTI DDS, QT, Debian
Requirements for a Software Engineer Position:
1. Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
2. Average 8 years prior software development with a defense company preferably experience with knowledge of ship systems design and operation
3. Field experience with ship commissioning
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.