Buyer – Estimator
Ayer, MA 01432
Duties and Responsibilities
• Obtain current quotations from designated suppliers based on RFQ’s assigned
• Identify and develop new sources of supply using existing L3 Supply Chain policies where current global supplier capabilities are inadequate.
• Develop, implement, and negotiate price and delivery terms with suppliers to minimize material cost, inventory levels, and transportation costs while supporting production demand requirements.
• Manage day to day procurement activities including internal and supplier communications, negotiate schedule and delivery changes, price changes, revised terms and special arrangements with suppliers.
• Review MRP requirements to ensure component deliveries are scheduled in line with production requirements; review and issue purchase orders and make necessary changes to requirements, schedule and price.
• Manage relationships with key suppliers through monthly supplier workshops to include review of supplier scorecards, OTD performance, open order reports, forecasts, supply chain risk elements, efficiency opportunities and other supplier management functions as required to improve supplier performance.
• Optimize commodity spending and provide minimum target annual savings through cost reductions, cost avoidance and operational improvements.
• Negotiate and execute critical, complex, high-value awards either in conjunction with a buyer or independently.
• Identify/ lead discussions and meetings /close out cost reduction ideas with suppliers generated from workshops and/or suggestions; and maintains performance management system to drive ideas to closure.
• Expeditiously maintain and execute RMA process for designated part numbers.
• Create and maintain reports (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed to monitor purchasing activity levels, support build schedules, and maintain replenishment systems.
• Maintain and improve MRP data integrity on part numbers and BOMs as designated.
Education and Experience
• BA/BS with a minimum of 3 years’ experience purchasing electro-mechanical parts, components, and assemblies.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with ERP/MRP demand and forecast systems.
• Demonstrated problem solver.
• Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations (beyond daily work requirements).
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM); or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM); or The Institute for Supply Management (ISM) certification a Plus.
• Ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions as well as technical publications, customer specifications, prints & drawings.
• 5 years’ experience with BOM structures.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Extensive experience dealing with Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and PCBAs suppliers.
• Experience utilizing DFAR, ITAR, Counterfeit materials
• Experience AS9100, AS9102, RCPS, conflict minerals & NADCAP requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
• Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project and software.
• Excellent interpersonal, and decision making skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Selected applicant may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team by listening intently to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interruption.
• Domestic travel may be required on a limited basis
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.