Stoughton, MA 02072
This position is a temporary position to cover an employee leave from the beginning of May through September. The person in this role will handle all purchasing related activities including but not limited to: placing orders, following-up on order statuses, negotiating costs, setting up new vendors, monitoring stock, running various reports and other duties as assigned.
- Fill out customer questionnaires – both through online systems and physical forms.
- Review customers purchase order terms and conditions including all requirements of a purchase order that might be beyond the normal. When required:
- Work with legal on terms and conditions negotiations.
- Work with legal on NDA/Confidentiality Agreement negotiations.
- Order all supplies, including: regular office supplies, kitchen supplies, coffee, computer equipment, etc.
- Handle incoming purchase order quality reports – file them, convert onto letterhead when required, request them from vendor if necessary.
- Log boiler maintenance visits.
- Handle Certificate of Insurance Requests and Air/Ocean Quotes.
- Assist with Reach/RoHS/Pops Investigations.
- Lunch time phone coverage and otherwise as required.
- Oversee barcode program and training.
- Update copy machine email addresses.
- Yearly SAM Registration (Federal Contractor Registry – System for Award Management)
- Update territory charts, email lists and telephone lists.
- Handle certificates of origin signed by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Sign up employee for boiler school.
- Oversee forklift training – send testing to whoever needs it, receive results and submit to HR for filing.
Education, Training, Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing or other equivalent degree or experience.
- 2 - 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to function within an entrepreneurial environment with experience working with customers, vendors and cross department teams.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong commitment to team success.
- Has a good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Has above average interpersonal skills to work with customers and other departments
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.