HW Staffing is Looking for Cook helpers for a client in westbrook:
Position Summary: The Cook Helper position assists with weighing, measuring and handling of ingredients to prepare large volume batches of food product to be packaged by filler line operators.
- The Physical Requirements and Work Conditions as outlined in this job description are essential functions of the job.
- Follow all tasks and perform work procedures using Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP to ensure food safety.
- Responsible for working in a safe and healthy manner, and to take reasonable care of the health and safety of all other staff. Perform daily stretching and/or proper ergonomics of workstation.
- Assist with preparing product in large volumes and maintain integrity of ingredients and product until delivered to Cook/Mixer.
- Responsible for mixing to achieve standard production quality and on time.
- Meticulously follow recipe batch cards to ensure finished product meets specifications and quality.
- Detect variations in materials and finished product according to product specifications.
- Complete documentation and ensure it is detailed, thorough, accurate and legible.
- Keep work area tidy and neat and maintain sanitary conditions. Dispose of waste and recycling in appropriate disposal bins.Ensure product and personnel safety and complete work orders for any equipment or area deficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Cook/Mixer and supervisor/manager.
Call HW Staffing for more info or stop in the office at 142 st john st Portland.. Monday- Friday 9Am-2PM
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.