Seeking a Cost Accountant with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented and possess the ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team setting. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and motivation to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Under limited direction, performs varied and complex general/cost accounting duties as related to recording, analyzing and reporting financial operations. Studies accounting data and prepares analyzes for various complex reports. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains cost accounting and inventory systems.
- Assists in the month end close of the general ledger and perpetual inventory system.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories.
- Perform various month end reports, journal entries, and reconciliations.
- Analyzes excessive and obsolete inventory SKU s and proposes reserve adjustments as required.
- Assist auditors for year-end analysis as related to inventory and standard costing.
- Assist with cycle counting and support annual physical inventories.
- Planning, collecting, and analyzing data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Responsible for Fixed Asset accounting.
- Performs adhoc product line cost analysis for management as required.
- Drives continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Other departmental related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Well organized, detail oriented and ability to multi task
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with INFOR LN a plus
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Pamela has 25+ years of recruiting/staffing experience. She has earned both CPC and CSP certifications. As a member of the Board of Directors for the Northern New England Area of Personnel Services (NNEAPS) Pamela has been a speaker for area Chamber of Commerce and college events.
The North Reading branch provides Temporary Staffing, Temp to Perm, Contract and Direct Hire services for various businesses including Manufacturing, Service organizations and Banking. Positions include general labor, production, professional, HR, clerical and administrative roles.