Dispatch/Manifest Clerk job summary
Our company is looking for a reliable Dispatch/Manifest Clerk to help create trucking routes that keep costs down but meet customer scheduling needs. The Dispatcher will be responsible for using the latest in routing software to establish daily trucking routes that make required stops outlined in customer contracts. The successful candidate for this position needs to be able to adjust to last minute changes and work with drivers to schedule emergency pick-up or delivery for new or established clients when necessary.
Dispatch/Manifest Clerk responsibilities
- Develop delivery routes and maintain contact with drivers throughout the day
- Collaborate with management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Act as a communication liaison through mobile phones and answer incoming phone calls from drivers on the road
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and customers to reduce the stress that comes with last minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
- High school diploma/GED required
- Must be able to work a flee>dole schedule that includes occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area
- Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
- Strong written and oral communication
- Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Be able to operate the GEO Tab system
- Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
- Willingness to move into other areas as needed/ Ability to cross train in other areas as needed.
- PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- PASS A DRUG SCREEN
- Must reliably arrive to work on time each work day.
- Finish paperwork to ensure proper delivery and order completion
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.