2374 Diamond Hill Rd, Cumberland, RI North Attleboro, MA 02760
The Joiner Mechanic is responsible for keeping all joiners in good operating condition used in the manufacture of mesh safety gloves and other mesh safety garments. Additional duties include keeping joiner operators supplied with tools and tribal knowledge to maximize output.
Verify kick presses are in working order
Verify picks and scratch tools used by joiner operators are sufficient.
Verify machine frames are clean of rings and excess oil.
Clean up ring formation:
- Fine tune ring shape without sacrificing weld strength.
Maintain and clean supporting equipment:
- Belt sander
- Washplant tumblers
To perform this job successfully, an employee should demonstrate the following skills and traits:
- Technical Skill:
- Better than average mechanical skill; pursues training and development
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality in sustained.
- Safety and Security:
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials as intended and reports any misuse.
- Readily volunteers; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; suggests innovative ideas to improve work.
Education and/or Experience:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three (3) to twelve (12) months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read and interpret English with regards to safety rules, verbal operating instructions and procedure manuals.
- Basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication of numbers. The ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry are required.
- The ability to apply common sense to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Problem solving requirements are a must.
- Ability to interact and use a modern Windows-based machine is required.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.