2374 Diamond Hill Rd, Cumberland, RI Woonsocket, RI 02895
the Machine Operator will set up, run, and change over textile machines independently with a focus on quality, safety, teamwork, and continuous improvement. The Operator will follow standard procedures to efficiently produce high quality products in a timely manner This position is also accountable for inspection of goods, and documenting results.
- Operate at least one textile machine independently.
- Set up, run, change-over, and troubleshoot most operational issues on assigned equipment.
- Keeps machines in good working condition by applying preventative maintenance techniques.
- Makes minor machine adjustments within accepted ranges to ensure the quality and efficiency of the operations. Contacts Maintenance Department for more complex machine issues.
- Completes work within expected time frame of production job.
- Understands basics of all components of the machines they have been trained on.
- Documents work clearly and accurately. Communicates results to Supervisor.
- Communicates daily to Supervisors regarding any issues of concern, and provides status updates to all shifts.
- Identify quality issues both incoming to their operation and created by their operation.
- Reviews job documentation before beginning job, and asks questions to Supervisor if unsure of responsibilities.
- Keeps work area neat and organized according to 5S Standards.
- Participate as a key member of Brickle Group teams, and actively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to operate machines in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability and knowledge of basic mechanical techniques to repair machines.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts and apply new skills to the job.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate well with all levels and departments of the organization.
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to problem solve and work with others in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrated experience with 5S a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime as requested and a varied shift as business needs arise. Dependability and punctuality a must.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2-5 years of related manufacturing experience required. Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience in or knowledge of textile industry preferred.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.