Machine Operator is assigned a machine to monitor during its operation, sometimes loading or unloading the machine with supervision. Has understanding of ISO 9001 QMS system and ensure product and processes are compliant to internal, industry and customer quality standards.
- Ability to prepare andprogram complex bend setups and forming operations. This includes punch/die changes and the matching of punch and dies to meet drawing requirements.
- Must have a full understanding of print reading and geometric tolerances and how they relate to the finished part.
- Experience with the forming of plate steel both carbon and stainless
- Must be able to inspect to ensure parts are in compliance with all quality and dimensional requirements using a variety of precision measuring devices
- Must have thorough understanding of flat pattern layout
- Must follow standard procedures to produce a variety of components and other metal parts.
- Must understand route sheets and explicit written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to plan sequence of operations, applying knowledge of physical properties of metal.
- Should have experience operating a large (300 ton and over) Hydraulic Press Brake working with large parts in a heavy manufacturing environment preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates machine tools such as drill presses, Punch Presses, Plasma/Thermal Cutters, basic milling machine operation and Press Brakes
- Prepares the machines prior to production, perform initial test runs producing a part, and adjust and makes minor changes to the machinery, tooling during its operation to meet drawing requirements.
- Places the metal stock (or unfinished piece of metal) in the machine and removes and stacks finished parts.
- May work levers, buttons, or foot pedals to bring the cutting/punching or forming tool or drill bit to the stock.
- Tends their machine tools and make minor adjustments when necessary.
- Using inspection tools, they inspect finished metal part to make sure that the machine tool is working properly. If a major repair or adjustment is in order, they ask for help.
- Monitors machine gauges and controls and adjust pressures, feeds and speeds to maintain quality.
- Performs daily maintenance on machines per schedule.
- Plans and set up the sequence of operations according to blueprints, layouts, or other instructions.
- Measure/Inspect product to verify drawing compliance and make machine adjustments where and when required.
- Selects and loads appropriate tooling into the machine to meet the drawing requirement
- Deburrs all parts and removes all sharp edges using manual or mechanical means.
- Maintain clean work environment and takes the time to learn new Lean concepts as presented by the company
- Proper job entry and time tracking in computer system
1st shift Mon – Thurs 6:30am – 4:00pm, Friday 6:30am-10:30am
2nd shift Mon – Thurs 4:00pm – 1:30am, Friday 12:00pm – 4:00pm
(2) Open positions – one on first shift and one on the second shift. 2nd shift operator will receive an additional $1.75 per hour shift differential. (Also, may have option to work (4) 10 hour days on 2nd shift)
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.