- Read and Write _in English fluently (Computer displays and computer generated documents must be read rapidly in fine detail, and are only available in English.
- Operate an edging machine and apply edging details to glass panels per work order instructions.
- Reliable transportation that enables consistent repo rting to work on time and the ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice.
- Excellent tape measure skills. Ability to work in both SAE and Metric units
- Strength to manipulate glass panels with diligent control, some as heavy as 75 pounds
- Memory skills to retain place in process flow e.g. a job may call out 4 pieces of glass, operator must be able to know they are working on panel# 3 of 4 pieces and match the size of panel# 3 to the drawing and spec sheet for panel# 3.
- Attention to detail. Ability to look for fine imperfections in glass panels and flag them for quality failure.
- Light paperwork to keep grouped panels labelled together and to update work order and job tickets.
- Use light hand tools to clean and buff glass panels
- Early training may involve handling glass at the end of the tempering oven. Dexterity to wrap glass panels in protective wrap and to place corner protectors carefully so as to protect the glass and prevent smudges and hand marks.
- Move glass from Edger machine to a rolling cart with diligent care and match panel sizes to work orders and apply stickers and protective foam per instructions.
- Must be mindful of wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times ordered.
- Job involves worker remaining near hot equipment and at other times may require moving from hot areas to open space allowing for rapid temperature changes (heat stress precautions are in place) while wearing protective garments.
- Place finished glass on cart and prepare for next work station
- With training, master machine operation and learn trouble shooting skills for machinery
- Can lift to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Can rotate glass panels to feed machinery
- Strong spatial awareness to avoid contact between unfinished glass edges and unprotected skill
- Minimum of 6 months of Machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting
- Can use various measuring tools such as calipers, rulers, micrometers etc.
- Willingness to move into other areas as needed/ Ability to cross t rain in other areas as needed
- PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
- PASS A DRUG SCREEN
- Can work overtime as needed
- Finish paperwork to ensure proper delivery and order completion
- Willingness to learn from peers and ability to participate in a team, but also able to work alone under a supervisor's instructions without peer support.
Prior glass edging experience a major plus and is eligible for immediate wage review for qualified experienced candidates.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.