7106 Turfway Rd, Florence, KY 41042 Walton, KY 41094
Ensure machine is operating at required speed, producing quality product with minimal waste. Will change paper, glues, inks, as well as unjam machines as necessary.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Meet or exceed production goals set by management.
- Safely strip rolls down, removing liner and/or bands and removing minimal layers of damaged paper only to avoid excessive waste.
- Change roll, make splice by hand, maneuver roll into position and adhere roll to web on machine.
- Start machinery.
- Coordinate with Adjuster Supervisor and make minor repairs and adjustments to machines as necessary to ensure quality levels.
- Set up one and two color prints and have approved by Adjuster Supervisor before starting production run.
- Watch progress of machinery for breakage; notify Adjuster as needed.
- Clean ink pans and wash rollers.
- Learn to thread machinery, and perform properly.
- Make sure all waste is kept to a minimum and meets standards set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
-Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment drug screen
-Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Three years of factory experience is preferred.
- Must be able to pass Bennett Mechanical Test (adjusters only)
- Must have basic reading, math and communication skills.
- Must have ability to make adjustments and minor repairs to machinery.
- Lifting; a minimum of 50 lbs. *Sack dept requires 70 lbs*
- Carrying; a minimum of 50 lbs. *Sack dept requires 70 lbs*
- Pulling; 4 hours
- Pushing; 4 hours
- Reaching above shoulder
- Use of fingers
- Walking; 12 hours, excluding breaks
- Standing; 12 hours, excluding breaks
- Kneeling; 4 hours
- Bending; 4 hours
- Climbing; 4 hours
- Operation of forklift, narrow aisle or other vehicle
- Visual ability
- Depth perception
- Ability to distinguish color
- Hearing ability
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.