Oversees the Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse functions. Responsible for shipping finished product to customers according to customer carrier and destination specifications. Responsible for all outbound miscellaneous shipments and the receiving of all inbound freight and the associated receiving and put away or delivery functions.
- Provides work direction to receiving, shipping and warehouse employees (roughly 10 subordinates).
Schedules coverage for daily workload in these areas along with coverage for special assignments.
Interviews candidates for related openings and makes final hiring decision.
Identify employee performance problems and improvement, disciplinary or termination actions.
Performs year-end performance appraisals, performance rankings and sets performance related salary increases.
Single point of contact for all metrics and issues associated with shipping, receiving and warehouse.
Assigns or generates all performance reporting related warehouse, Receiving and Shipping (e.g. Premium Freight, Cycle Count, Picklist, Department Initiatives, etc.).
Assigns or completes recording of shipments, ASNs, receipts, inventory movement, adjustments, etc.
All safety, material handling, etc. training, certifications and compliance in these areas.
Responsible to root cause and provide input on corrective actions for all metrics associated with this team (e.g. inventory accuracy, on-time performance for picking, ship scheduling, etc.).
Ensures all receipts and shippable orders are dispositioned and areas are neat and orderly at the close of each business day.
- Knowledge of inventory locating and cycle count procedures
- Knowledge of Lean, 5S, kan ban, Hazardous Material, safety/housekeeping
- Experience with dock and warehouse equipment (jacks, lifts, scales, etc) certified training prefered
- Strong communication, interpersonal, trust and relating skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.