2374 Diamond Hill Road Cumberland, RI 02864
Under the direct supervision of the Shift Lead Operator and reporting to the Finishing area Manager, the Oven/Fabrication Operator is responsible for following procedures for Aerogel product manufacture, oven and fabrication equipment operation and safety requirements as documented by Aspen Aerogels.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- Safely and efficiently operate the Heat Treatment Oven(s) according to operating procedures, and/or as instructed
- Follow product documentation and specification for correct equipment operation (Ex.: temperature, power, speed settings).
- Visually inspect product appearance while equipment is running; communicating, flagging major defects and/or removing minor defects.
- Follow product documentation (traveler) for correct tension setting, length measurement and removal. Record data as required.
- Unload Aerogel blankets, label and document according to procedures.
- Safely and efficiently operate Fabrication equipment (slitter, CNC and laminates) according to company procedures, and/or as instructed.
- Program, run and troubleshoot CNC cutting machine, slitting machines, edge trimmers and coating machines. .
- Perform material handling duties in a safe, conscientious manner.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine cleaning on equipment as per procedures and/or as directed by the Shift Leader.
- Dispose of waste materials according to company procedures.
- Ensure blanket samples (quality coupons) are taken as per specification and provided to Quality Control
- Follow instructions as per company policy and Shift leader instructions including proper breaks, rest periods and attendance
- Attend pre-shift meetings that occur five minutes prior to shift change Communicate all equipment issues to shift leader
- Ensure exhaust system is operational and working area is organized and clean
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull loads of up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Should have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Should have 1-3 years experience in manufacturing environment. CNC experience preferred. Oven, Coater, or Slitter environment experience preferred.
- Must be able to work: 12 hour shifts, 4 days on 4 days off in a 24/7 rotating shifts (Shifts are either
6 a.m. – 6 p.m. or 6 p.m. – 6 a.m.)
All Selected candidates must successfully pass a drug test and criminal history check in order to be hired .
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.