Patrient Access Representative
Worcester MA, MA
- Schedules patients for treatment by multiple providers and treatment areas, and arranges a variety of associated tests and procedures according to established guidelines and specific criteria.
- Applies relevant functional knowledge of multiple treatment areas, the priority and sequence of associated procedures and tests and primary care services.
- Prioritizes in a manner that will foster more efficient utilization of physician’s clinical staff, and patient time, as well as equipment and facilities.
- Schedules patients for outpatient services or visits to multiple campuses.
- Complies with referral management regulations established for primary care providers.
- Obtains, and enters into the computer-based patient registration/scheduling system, demographic, insurance, and other related patient information. May utilize multiple computer-based systems.
- Verifies patient insurance coverage via the electronic eligibility systems.
- Telephones and/or notifies patient of appointment times. Provides patient with standard information regarding their personal preparation for scheduled procedures. Mails patient information packets to patients.
- Receives and triages patient phone calls to appropriate providers as in an emergency situations and/or their need for medical advice.
- Recommends improvements in systems and procedures.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Attends variety of meetings, conferences, seminars as required or directed.
- Demonstrates use of Quality Improvement in daily operations.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Respects diverse views and approaches, and contributes in maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- High School Diploma and 3+ years of related experience.
- Requires the ability to use specialized applications software and computer systems for patient registration and scheduling and knowledge of business office procedures. Knowledge of medical terminology, third party payer billing and managed care requirements and procedures is preferred.
- Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.
- Department-specific competencies, including age-specific competencies and their measurements, will be developed and maintained in the individual departments. The competencies will be maintained and attached to the departmental job description.
- Responsible managers will review competencies with position incumbents.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.