Production Operator II
2374 Diamond Hill Road Cumberland Center, RI 02864
The Production Operator we seek will be responsible for operating and monitoring a continual chemical process, mixing/blending of materials, operation of computerized process control system and maintain production records. Ideal candidates for a number of positions must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a chemical or related manufacturing environment where safety is critical. The ability to maintain a clean, highly effective and efficient production environment is critical. Must be able to work 12-hour shifts; 4 days on/ 4 days off, night shift flexibility a must.
- Be aware of production goals and work to meet those goals as directed
- Perform duties in accordance with written instruction and procedures and in compliance with safety and environmental training and policies
- Operate the plant process areas according to company procedures.
- Be able to work with multiple chemical solutions consistent with product requirements
- Perform mixing operations according to instructions and ensure accurate mixing of product
- Monitor the performance of plant equipment and process conditions utilizing various instruments, gauges, and meters
- Complete required ongoing annual and job specific training as required and on time.
- Communicate with engineering and maintenance staff as required.
- Understand and cohesively work towards achieving the plant performance measures
- Monitor and record all required production data.
- Demonstrate awareness of existing workplace hazards and have the ability to assess and respond to potentially unsafe situations.
- Understand and commit to following all Environmental, Health, and Safety procedures and practices. Intervene when required.
- Prepare proper labels for disposal containers with exact contents and batch numbers
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment to transfer mandrels between various phases of operation.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Advanced education preferred
- Effective written and verbal English communication skills required
- Able to follow detailed processing instructions
- Minimum of 5 years Production work experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical process or manufacturing company
- Ability to manage raw materials, monitor manufacturing machines, drive forklifts
- Must follow all safety procedures and act in a safe manner at all times and have an understanding and awareness of chemicals and their nature, hazards, etc.
- Strong Safety, quality and productivity orientation mandatory.
- Experience with DCS automation systems helpful
- Forklift experience is preferred
Additional Job Requirements for Success:
- Must have a willingness to work in a team
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to learn different production areas and related equipment following a training plan, then demonstrate proficiency
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.