QC Inspector – Metal Fabrication
Avon, MA 02322
- Inspect parts using a variety of metrology equipment .CMM, FARO a Plus.
- Possess a basic understanding of industry quality control standards
- Interprets engineering drawings and specifications
- Completes appropriate documentation such as inspection records
- Perform inspections and tests as required by and as directed by supervisor.
- Prepare inspection/test reports and maintain the QA/QC files related to assignment.
- Promote and maintain effective communications and relations (verbally and in writing) with supervisor.
- Assist with issuing and logging of Non-Conformance Reports
- Research and answer questions of a technical nature.
- Assist in the interpretation of codes and standards.
- Perform first piece, in-process and finished parts, production assemblies and sub-assemblies for conformance to drawings and standards.
- Follows verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction of supervisor in completing a variety of inspection tasks.
- Has understanding of ISO 9001 QMS system and ensure product and processes are compliant to internal, industry and customer quality standards
Job requirements and qualifications:
- 2-4 years Experience
- Ability to read and interpret machining and fabrication drawings, including a good understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances as outlined by ANSI Y14.5.
- Basic Knowledge of ISO Quality Programs and ASME Code
- Basic math and computer skills are required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have QC experience with metal fabrication
- Experience with basic types of hand precision measuring equipment (Mics, Verniers)
- Familiar with the use of go, no go gauges and fixtures.
- Basic Understanding of NDT processes is a Plus
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.