Ayer, MA 01432
Duties and Responsibilities
• Move all material into the facility and take responsibility for delivering it to the appropriate designated delivery area in a timely manner.
• Complete all receiving transactions for the day by the end of the first shift of the same day.
• Maintain high level of data accuracy in MRP/ERP system at all times.
• Help develop and execute Lean-style visual process for material staging, pick-up, and put-away.
• Coordinate with Shipping, the Parts Supermarket, Quality Assurance, and other groups to prevent delays in material transactions and processing.
• Assist as needed in the Supply Chain daily Cycle Count program.
• Assist as needed Kitting materials for production floor sales orders.
• Assist as needed in the Shipping area to maintain on time delivery of customer orders.
• Coordinate with carriers to ensure timely delivery and pick-up of material.
• Manage supplies related to the Receiving department.
• Supervise personnel assisting in Receiving and/or Shipping.
Education and Experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in receiving role.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with ERP/MRP or inventory systems.
• Excellent communication and computer skills.
• Strong track record of outstanding performance in material handling areas.
• Knowledge of carriers and shipping logistics.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds routinely.
• Must be able to work standing throughout the shift.
• Forklift experience a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Conditions
• Computer skills in Windows™ interface and Microsoft Outlook®
• Understanding of Government contracting requirements, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.