Senior Materials Analyst
Ayer, MA 01432
Analyze and manage material requirements to ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services for Production, Repair, and Spares fulfillment using MRP, Pull Indicators (visual signals, manifests, etc.) and New Product Introduction project plans
• Use Deltek Costpoint and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence to accurately and efficiently plan production, including managing demand from efficient BOM structure, capacity data, and material requirements
• Identify and correct Deltek Costpoint discrepancies in order to drive improvements in scheduling efficiency, improvements in OTD, and eliminate late backlog
• Manage and maintain Work-In-Progress (WIP) status, and take scheduling action to reduce cycle time and maximize manufacturing capacity
• Identify current level of demand and create tactical production scheduling plans to meet backlog commitments
• Calculate manufacturing and material lead times per customer quote and/or order
• Determine available capacity before planned orders are released (firmed)
• Understand and use Deltek Costpoint ERP at a high level in order to resolve differences between material availability, work station capacity, and customer ship dates
• Responsible for maintaining inventory levels in accordance with company policy.
• Assure material is picked and moved to the appropriate manufacturing locations in support of the production plan.
• Provides status on work orders, as required.
• Expedites materials and sub-assemblies, as required, with purchasing and production.
• Responsible for maintaining work order integrity in terms of quantity, scheduling, and open/close status.
• Co-ordinates ECO implementation with Purchasing and Production, for assigned products.
Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows™ interface, Microsoft Office™ package (Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word®, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access®), Microsoft Project® and software.
• Understanding of Government contracting requirements, such as FAR, ITAR, etc., and demonstrated knowledge of business challenges and opportunities driven by technology and regulations unique to the Defense market.
• Exceptional interpersonal, and decision making skills.
• Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to exhibit a positive attitude and communicate clearly and effectively, and, most importantly, promote collaboration among the team.
• Must be available to travel if necessary.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.
<p>• BA/BS with a minimum of 3-5 of years’ experience planning in a visual electromechanical build-to-order manufacturing environment.
• Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience in an MRP Manufacturing environment as a senior level production planner, scheduler or materials analyst.
• IBM Cognos Business Intelligence experience a plus.
• CPM or APICS certification a Plus.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.