Technical Writer/Document Control Specialist
Improving, updating, and implementing the document control process for procedures, work instructions, and forms. This role requires converting and formatting hundreds of old documents into clear, precise, new documents that will be suitable for employees to utilize during their day to day operations. Candidate must be a self-starter and able to work with little direct oversight
- Improving the existing system to maintain compliance with ISO 9001 requirements
- Guide department managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) in writing, reviewing, approving, updating and obsoleting documents (Templates, GDP, procedures, etc.)
- Ensure documents are appropriately controlled and monitored
- Support Document Control processes and associated tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience working in or closely with Warehouse Operations, Quality Systems or other highly focused internal customer roles
- Document writing experience
- Ability to review current processes and implement productivity and compliance improvement
- Strong “people skills” to be able to deal with various personalities and levels within and outside of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and be details oriented
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and be able to use proficiently. Experience with Microsoft Access a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and possess the quality of being precise
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associates degree with at least 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Three (3) years of experience in Document Control processing
- Excellent written communication and technical writing skills
- Knowledge and auditing experience of the most recent version of the ISO 9001 Standard.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Pamela has 25+ years of recruiting/staffing experience. She has earned both CPC and CSP certifications. As a member of the Board of Directors for the Northern New England Area of Personnel Services (NNEAPS) Pamela has been a speaker for area Chamber of Commerce and college events.
The North Reading branch provides Temporary Staffing, Temp to Perm, Contract and Direct Hire services for various businesses including Manufacturing, Service organizations and Banking. Positions include general labor, production, professional, HR, clerical and administrative roles.