material handler/forklift driver
East freetown , MA 02717
2nd shift Material handler/Forklift Monday -Thursday 3:30pm-1:30am Mandatory Fridays
Ability to work in a team environment picking orders, putting material away, loading, and unloading trucks, and other functions associates with the manufacturing operation to ensure accurate and timely shipments to external and internal customers.
The associate must be willing to perform efficiently and be able to multi-task at the highest level at all times to ensure the overall success of the department and organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities but is not limited to:
- Work within a fast paced, production oriented, safe environment.
- Capable of lifting up to 60 lbs. with the ability to ask for assistance when required.
- Ability to properly use power industrial material handling equipment i.e. reach truck, forklift, and pallet jacks.
- Communicates with associates and superiors to maintain safety and quality.
- Willingness to follow the direction of the Manager and/or Group Lead.
- Suggests production and quality improvement ideas to the Manager and/or Group Lead.
- Perform daily activities using various computer programs i.e., Syspro, Wip Tracker, Microsoft Excel, Bartender, BFI, Radio Frequency Scanners.
- Responsible for housekeeping in assigned work areas.
- Respond to customers internal/external in a timely fashion.
- Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the Manager and/or Group Lead.
Must have prior forklift experience
Must be reliable
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.