aintenance Helper, 1st – 7:00am – 3:30pm, Mon-Fri with occasional Saturdays $13.00. This position requires a resume, interview, 10 panel drug test and background check. They are looking for someone who has some maintenance experience and is mechanically inclined to assist our maintenance team with small maintenance repairs plus changing light bulbs, maybe some painting, etc….
Under close supervision, assists in very basic level duties of general maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse. Maintenance areas include electricity, plumbing, lift truck repair, refrigeration, ammonia, and carpentry.
- Assist in the repair and adjustment of refrigeration system, doors, dock boards, pallet racks, sweepers, sprinkler systems, forklifts, pallet trucks, and electrical work in accordance with OSHA Standards.
- Cleans, changes, and lubricates bearings, gears, and other machinery parts using rags, brushes, and grease gun.
- Maintain tools and machinery in good condition and use tools and equipment carefully as instructed.
- Assist in maintaining batteries and chargers in working order in accordance with OSHA Standard.
- Assist in conducting test of safety equipment (Exit signs, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.) to ensure OHSA and operational standards.
- Assist in keeping accurate preventive maintenance records.
- Keeps work area clean and performs housekeeping duties as required.
- Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience in small engine repair.
- Knowledge of general warehouse practices.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
- Ability to work on call.
Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Tools and Technology Required:
- Knowledge of various types of equipment in maintenance trades.
- Microsoft knowledge preferred. Educational Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must participate in apprentice program for one year.
- Able to participate in HAZMAT responder training.
Physical Requirements of the Job: While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is frequently required to sit; hear and talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle and feel objects; type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift or move up to 150 lbs.; climb up to 60 feet, pull up to 20 lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions for this position and meet the physical requirements needed to perform them. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.