1st Shift group Leader
01440 , 01420 Gardner, MA 01440 US
The Cell Leader-Molding is responsible for ensuring Picker/Packers are fully stocked with required materials for processing cable ties. The Cell Leader is responsible for quality checks of finished product, ensuring efficient operation of equipment and output of picker/packers. The Cell Leader will provide intermittent updates to Shift Supervisor as required, to ensure consistent and appropriate levels of productivity during the shift.
The requirements listed below are representative of the essential duties required of the Cell Leader-Molding:
Responsible for coordinating various daily production functions including, but not limited to:
· Stocking packaging materials (i.e.: Bags, Boxes, Labels, etc.…) at each workstation, as required.
· Setting up and maintaining production equipment (i.e.: Sealers, Tape Dispensers, Grinders, Water Dispensers, Scales, Inspection lights, etc.…), as required.
· Provide machine coverage during break periods for Machine Operators, as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
· Visually inspecting product as defined in our established Quality Standards, as it comes off the molding machine, for any “Aesthetic” type problems (i.e.: Flash, String, Shorts, Missing Pawls, Sinks, Contamination, Color, etc.…). Notifying Q.C. and/or the Shift Supervisor of any abnormalities detected and taking the necessary corrective action to resolve the problem.
· Complete “Cell Leader In-Process Form” as defined in our established Quality Standards protocol, obtaining signature of Shift Supervisor and brought into Quality Lab for review.
· Counting product and packing it into cartons, date coding / sealing / labeling / skidding completed product.
· Communication with Q.C. and or Shift Supervisor of any machine start-up or significant process changes, abnormalities detected and taking the necessary corrective action to resolve the problem.
· Perform minor adjustments to molding machines and auxiliary equipment (DME, Die Heaters, Degators, etc.…). As requested by Shift Supervisor.
· Move and/or setup Raw Materials (resin and/or color concentrate) and transport Finished Goods pallet to designated area, as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
· Train new Picker / Packers, as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
· Daily maintenance of the work area to keep in clean and orderly condition (including but not limited to: sweeping floors, emptying trash, cleaning machines, ensuring clearance of entrances/exits and fire extinguishers, etc.)
· Perform other “Daily Production” type functions as directed by the Shift Supervisor.
· Successfully completes all company required and job-specific training.
· Performs additional duties as required.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
· Interacts regularly with Picker/Packers, Final Inspectors, Mold Technicians and Supervisor level.
· Work is mostly routine and based on company procedures and quality standards.
· Some supervision required for day-to-day functions. Work is reviewed through operations and anticipated output of orders produced.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Cell Leader encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· Able to understand and communicate using basic English language.
· Able to work from instructions written in the English language.
· Must be able to lift and stack materials up to 50 lbs.
Mental & Visual Demands
Work Environment and Hazards
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.
Meet Your Recruiter
Branch Manager out of the Fitchburg Ma.
I have been with HW Staffing for 4 Years.
In the staffing field for a total of 11 Years, specializing in Light Industrial & Manufactory
Experience in Branch Manager/Recruitment/On-Site Management/Senior Account Manager.
My passion is to help people and make sure all is successful at the end of the day.
Coming Together is a beginning, Staying together is a progress, and working together is A SUCCESS!