Accounts Payable Specialist
160 Worceser Providence Turnpike Sutton, MA 01590 Sutton, MA
HW Staffing is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. The ideal candidate will have the following skills;
- Must be a self-starter, independent thinker and have the ability to manage/juggle multiple priorities/deadlines/commitments.
- The Accounts Receivable Specialist will work closely with multiple company through the US, Europe and China.
- Responsible for all accounts receivable and accounts payable activities in the office, including preparation, review and maintenance of record.
- Performs daily billing functions and generates invoices for mailing.
- Prepares and posts cash receipts, credit cards and EFT’s to customer accounts on a daily basis.
- Researches discrepancies and debit memos to accurately process and issue credits to customer accounts as necessary.
- Prints and reviews an aging report on a weekly basis.
- Initiates, tracks and maintains all records and files associated with collection activities for each account, including negotiated payment schedules and telephone call or e-mail documentation.
- Insures company adherence to credit policies and procedures for consistent handling of collection matters to maintain good customer relations.
- Researches credit applications, notifies customer service of approval/disapproval status, and documents pertinent credit information in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitors new accounts based on current financial information, business history and current credit reports.
- Responds to incoming credit reference inquiries with pertinent credit information in accordance with company procedures.
- Prints and stores permanent accounts receivable reports as required, including accounts receivable aging.
- Matches purchase orders with vendor invoices to assure accuracy and prepares for computer entry on a daily basis.
- Monitors all paperwork, invoices, correspondence and verbal communication with vendors.
- Prepares all accounts payable checks according to company procedures.
- Mails accounts payable checks with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Researches discrepancies and credit memos to accurately process and issue debits to vendor accounts as necessary.
- Assists in month closing by assuring all appropriate information is entered into computer, and reviews and updates current accounts payable and accounts receivable aging.
- Maintains accurate customer and vendor information in database according to company procedures.
- Researches and responds to all accounts receivable and accounts payable inquiries in a prompt manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Excel; accounting software; and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Experience preferred using MAS500, SAP, Oracle or comparable to.
- Associates Degree and/or year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior office experience required.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.