Accounts Receivable/credit Analyst
New Bedford, MA 02745
The Accounts Receivable/Credit Analyst position is responsible to maximize cash flows and minimize days sales outstanding (DSO) and credit risk, timely and accurate collection of customer accounts receivable, posting and reconciling cash receipts, resolving discrepancies, establishing credit limits and minimizing bad debts. Assess customer financial information to determine risk involved in granting credit and preparing reports on findings. This includes reviewing customer accounts in comparison to approved credit limits in order to assess risk in releasing sales orders on a daily basis. Additional duties include determining customer commissions and rebates, provide support and assistance to manage general liability claims.
The Accounts Receivable/Credit Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Finance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Proactively contact customers regarding balances coming due and past due invoices.
- Review orders that are placed on credit hold and take appropriate actions to resolve per company policies.
- Review credit worthiness for new and existing customers, includes reviewing credit agency reports, contacting credit references, reviewing financial information and recommending credit limits and terms.
- Setup new customers in Syspro and establish credit limits.
- Recommend accounts to be placed on credit hold or placed for collection.
- Updates accounts receivables monitoring daily sales order processing and bank remittance transactions.
- Review aged trial balances and past-due accounts. Minimize DSO.
- Collect past due accounts by contacting customers and investigating circumstances of non-payment.
- Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal accounting controls.
- Performs account reconciliations.
- Producing monthly financial and management reports.
- Determine monthly customer commissions.
- Determine annual customer rebates.
- Support and assist general liability claims.
- Maintain Syspro price database.
- General support to the accounting department.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance.
The following is a brief description of the technical skills and experience required.
- Five years of prior Accounts Receivable and credit and collections experience.
- Intermediate experience with MS Office - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Email. Experience with Syspro ERP system a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of basic accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on projects or in a team environment with minimal supervisor.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Regional Operations Manager
Zeza Gomes has been working in the staffing industry since 2008 with a focus on administrative/professional placements, and skilled manufacturing positions. Zeza is responsible for the day to day operation of our Brockton office which includes, but not limited to client development, management, recruiting, and compliance with Federal and State Laws. She demonstrates extensive knowledge in safety and risk management as well as Human Resources which gives her the skill set to recruit great candidates. She takes pride in connecting great people with great companies.