Automation and Maintenance Tech
North Andover, MA US
Responsible for the maintenance and technical support of automated and semi-automated manufacturing solutions for a high-volume consumer products application.
- Ensures all machinery, equipment, building structures and facilities are maintained and functioning properly.
- Performs maintenance on all manufacturing and facility equipment, such as mold presses, auxiliary equipment, and miscellaneous plant equipment and makes adjustments to vision system(s).
- Participates in the maintenance of the preventative maintenance program insuring optimum machine utilization.
- Recommends and leads innovative improvements to upgrade equipment and processes.
- Ensures accuracy of maintenance history records for all equipment.
- Interfaces with production to schedule equipment maintenance.
- Supports process monitoring through machine and MES system, Mattec, calibrations.
- Troubleshoots and repairs both mechanical and electrical problems on equipment and provide timely short-term and long-term recommendations.
- Shows proactive thinking in training and development of shift personnel to maximize efficiencies in the shift operation.
- Coordinates with production on all issues that are beyond the skill level of the shift team to ensure accurate communication of needs for repair and timeliness for completion.
- Supports a quality first approach to daily tasks to provide the best product to our customers.
- Understands and follows plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern.
- Maintains compliance with company policy and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to direct Supervisor.
- Maintains good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other employees.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Other duties as assigned.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Environment: Normal manufacturing environments; work with machinery and media in or around confined spaces; exposure to chemicals, grease and oils.
Physical: Sufficient physical ability to perform heavy lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.; reaching, kneeling, crawling, climbing; standing for moderate periods of time.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Other: Ability to work overtime or occasionally on weekends with short notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in Automation in a manufacturing environment, responsible for sophisticated manufacturing and automation equipment.
- Detailed knowledge in PLC programming and electrical controls.
- Detailed knowledge in the mechanical and design areas of automation with general machining capabilities.
- Thorough familiarity with hydraulic function of manufacturing equipment.
- Thorough familiarity with Electrical/Electronic components of manufacturing equipment.
- Self-motivated to learn and perform job tasks to meet or exceed customer and company expectations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to work at an efficient rate to meet production goals and standards.
- Effectively communicates with others both verbally and in writing.
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.