7106 Turfway Rd, Florence, KY 41042 Walton, KY 41094
Responsible for catching and inspecting bags, ensuring that product meets our quality standards, with minimal waste.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures. Must take immediate action to correct and/or report any unsafe conditions and hazards.
- Utilize lockout/tagout as required, following established policy; ensure guarding is in place at all times.
- Keep work area clean and organized, per standards.
- Ensure that work is being performed in a manner to produce quality products, according to our quality requirements and specifications.
- Follow all applicable food service policies and procedures.
- Follow all PPE policies, wearing steel toed shoes, hearing protection, safety glasses, hair nets/beard nets, etc. as required.
- Meet production targets set by management.
- Catch bags as they come off machine.
- Inspect bags for flaws in quality, assembly, print or other problems, and reject those that do not meet standards set by management.
- Place proper amount of bags into sleeve in the press.
- Report machine adjustments and repairs to be done to Machine Tender/Collator Tender/Adjuster Supervisor.
- Inspect bales to ensure they are sealed properly and meet quality standards before banding together and placing on skid.
- Band bales together.
- Place labels on bales, making sure they are marked correctly, neatly and are upright.
- Spot check bales to make sure correct amount of bags are enclosed (i.e, 250, 500).
- Place acceptable bales on skids by using proper lifting techniques.
- Ensure machine is shut off to prevent machine damage in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to keep up with budgeted machine speed.
- Assist Machine Tender/Collator Tender, if needed, while he/she performs work on machines during downtime, assisting in stripping and changing rolls and in clean-up.
- Keep accurate production reports, ensuring all required forms are filled out completely, accurately and legibly.
- Safely clean print when needed while machine is not
- Perform roll changes as necessary.
- If no specific work instructions are given, clean-up is to be performed at your normal work area.
- Meet/achieve safety, quality, production, waste and housekeeping goals as set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
-Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment drug screen
-Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Reading, writing and basic math skills are needed to complete paperwork.
- This is an entry level position.
- Must have ability to discern detail and make decisions about bag quality.
- Must be able to keep up with pace of machine.
- Lifting; a minimum of 50 lbs. *Sack Dept requires 70 lbs.*
- Carrying; a minimum of 50 lbs. *Sack Dept requires 70 lbs*
- Pulling; 2 hours
- Pushing; 3 hours
- Reaching above shoulders
- Use of fingers
- Walking; 8 hours, excluding breaks
- Standing; 8 hours, excluding breaks
- Kneeling; 2 hours
- Bending; 4 hours
- Climbing;4 hours
- Visual ability
- Depth perception
- Ability to distinguish color
- Hearing ability
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.