Banquet Support Staff
160 Adams Avenue , Hauppauge, NY 11788 Hauppauge, NY 11788
Banquet Support - Wait Staff
The Banquet Support – Wait Staff will provide prompt and courteous service to all customers. Provide customers with efficient and attentive service while exceeding the customer’s expectations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, other responsibilities of the position may be identified. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Greets and seats customers.
- Presents customers with menus.
- Serves food to customers at a limited number of tables, using proper rules of etiquette.
- Makes appropriate meal and beverage suggestions and answers questions regarding food preparation.
- Writes a food check and/or memorizes the order.
- Relays the order to the kitchen.
- Accepts payment, refers customers to the cashier or operates the cash register.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment and assists in clearing and resetting tables.
- May carve meat, fish or poultry and/or prepare flaming dishes and desserts.
- May carry and distribute supplies and equipment.
- May assist others in the preparation of foods and properly store food.
- May total bills and may be asked to respond to complaints regarding food or service.
- May operate dishwasher or assist with washing dishes, glassware, silverware, utensils, pots and pans.
- May assist with stocking food inventory.
- Follows all company safety/security policies and procedures; reports accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to manager, and completes safety training as required.
- Complies with all HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- 0 to 1 year related experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to listen carefully to their customers’ orders, explain drink and food items and make menu recommendations.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.