Brake Press Operator
Manchester, NH 03103
Summary Sets up and operates CNC controlled press brake to fabricate parts according to specifications in an efficient and timely manner. Perform other production tasks. Assist in achieving priorities of safety, quality, schedule, and cost.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated established knowledge and skill in performing set-ups and operating machines.
- Specialized understanding and skill require performing more complex machine set-up and adjustments.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verify that parts are properly loaded and that surfaces are properly prepared for fabricating. Confirm machine settings, tooling and/or fixtures are appropriate to the part being run.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required. Perform routine machine maintenance.
- Perform a variety of other production tasks and assist as required.
May perform simple, repetitive manual and automated finishing operations. May perform hand deburring, grinding, assembly, and welding operations on uncomplicated products.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Education and/or Experience: One-year certificate from college or technical school; or 3 to 4 years of appropriate previous CNC fabricating machining experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.