High Point, PA 15540 US
HW Staffing Solutions is seeking a Business Professional - Planner for a major company located in High Point, NC
Possible Temporary to permanent position
Pay Rate: $24.00 hourly
Schedule products through the entire Manufacturing and Packaging process in support of the Master Production Schedule. Ensure proper levels of WIP and resources usage optimizations are achieved. Analyze and Schedule the materials requirements for Raw Materials and Packaging components to support the Master Production Schedule.
Support activities related to system maintenance, priorities definition and reporting to ensure that MRP and other systems are up to date and properly control inventory levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and update the detail schedule by work center of the production plan generated by the Master Production Scheduler or designee.
- Ensure that manufacturing process is balanced to guarantee resources usage optimization.
- Enter and maintain manufacturing order in the system with valid due dates.
- Coordinate the new products activities and/ or projects into the detail schedule.
- Distribute manufacturing and packaging schedules and communicate changes to QA documentation, manufacturing team leaders and leaders.
- Negotiate and communicate effectively with all support areas to guarantee the optimum resources utilization.
- Monitor schedule to assure its completion within Lead Times established in the system.
- Participate in the decision-making process regarding schedule changes.
- Monitor and report performance to schedule and work order completion due dates.
- Manage inventory levels to avoid any obsolescence and the Cycle Count process to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate any rejection of any WIP or Finished good for immediate disposition.
- Ensure that raw material and packaging components are available on time to support requirements.
- Analyze MRP action messages to ensure raw materials and packaging components are available in the right time and quantities to support production plan.
- Coordinate deliveries schedules of blanket orders with vendors (define dates and quantities).
- Coordinate changes in delivery date with vendor.
- Delineate appropriate inventory strategies to manage adequate inventory levels. Monitor expired, obsolete and rejected material to avoid impact to the operations area.
- Anticipate and communicate any material shortages prior to the official publication of the detailed production schedule.
- Expedite release of material needed to support the manufacturing plan.
- Manage material conversions to minimize obsolescence, reduce impact to customer service and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Provide timely input to the Material Review Board (MRB).
- Enter and update purchase order into the planning system to comply with customer negotiated needs.
- Develop a priority schedule for the receiving area to optimize space utilization and ensure compliance with production schedule.
- Periodic review and validation of item master data information such as lead times, scrap factor, lot size order quantities, safety stocks, yields.
- Required: § Business Administration (BBA), bachelor’s in science (BS), Industrial Management, Material Management or Engineering degree. § Preferable but not required, Certified Production and inventory control Management (CPIM). § Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures. § Proficiency in communication and presentation skills. § Written and verbal English language. § Proficiency on the use of computer software such as Excel, word, Power Point, etc. § Knowledge in problem solving techniques. § Excellent communication skills. § Good analytical skills. § Good negotiation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Business Administration (BBA), bachelor’s in science (BS), Industrial Management, Material Management or Engineering degree.
- Preferable but not required, Certified Production and inventory control Management (CPIM).
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.