Westbrook, ME 04092 US
HW Staffing is hiring a CNC Machinist. A great candidate would be able to be responsible for performing precision machining operations to produce high quality parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine. The CNC Machinist troubleshoots, diagnoses, and makes mechanical adjustments and repairs as needed and inspects products to blueprint specifications.
Other essential job duties may include:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, and specifications.
• Determines the fixtures, attachments, and tools necessary to complete jobs according to specifications and mount them to machine prior to beginning cutting.
• Programs, sets-up, and operates mills and lathes by entering instructions and monitoring operations.
• Verifies incoming work orders for correct material.
• Maintains specifications by observing machines operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Monitors machine temperatures, ensures that machine has adequate warm-up and cool-down time between jobs and replaces coolant periodically.
• Calculates requirements using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry.
• Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions.
• Recognizes improper machine functioning and defects in machinery, measuring instruments or equipment and immediately addresses the problem.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements.
• Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
• Maintains safe operation by adhering to safety procedures and protocols.Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Functions autonomously and in a team environment.
• Maintains a clean and safe working area.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 2-year technical college degree preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ related machine tool trade experience.
• Experience with horizontal milling machines.
• Knowledge of proper use of measuring tools/gauges and cutting tools.
• Understanding of blueprints and routers.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm.
• Must pass pre-employment screenings
This position also requires some physical demands including:
- handle or feel small components
- reach into small or tight spaces
- maintain/adjust equipment
- detects and operates hand tools
such as wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, etc
- Lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities
At HW Staffing Solutions we recognize the value of our employee associates as equally as our clients. We are passionate about people and improving the lives of every associate, we do this by connecting you with great companies and great opportunities. We celebrate our awesome diversity, believe that everyone has a unique talent, and appreciate the passion and perspectives that each of us bring to the table. Discover a new way to work together with a company that is focused on offering the best opportunities, benefits and career advancement in Accounting & Finance, Office & Administrative, Light Industrial, Professional & Technical, Call Center, Food Processing and Hospitality. HW Staffing Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity company.