Customer Service Representative
765 Smithtown Bypass, Smithtown, NY - 11787 Farmingville, NY 11738
This is an entry level opportunity which will allow you to learn all aspects of our business. This is a full time position which requires dedication in a fast paced environment. The right candidate will form good relationships both internally and externally. This person will not be afraid to ask questions and will be aggressive to ensure the growth of our company. They need to be open to suggestions and constructive criticism. Assists sales representatives by performing clerical duties required to maintain customer accounts. Aids in building customer rapport and fostering goodwill. Peforms all duties in a manner which ensures total quality and effective customer service.
TECHNICAL and/or MANAGERIAL JOB COMPETENCIES – (Specific Job Proficiencies and Skills)
- Exhibit time management skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Must demonstrate good team and human relation skills, reliability and trustworthiness
- Must be a proactive and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to read and comprehend general instructions, correspondence and memos
- Ability to write and speak simple business correspondence and effectively present information to a person or small group, i.e. customers, clients or other teammates
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to recognize and deal with problems or potential problems and react quickly and effectively
- Working knowledge of PEI product lines, services, policies, procedures and on-line system.
- Ability to perform alpha-numeric filing and data entry
- Intermediate PC skills, as well as general knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Intermediate ASW internal Computer System with willingness to master it
- Punctuality and dependability are crucial
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (All may not apply or other duties may be assigned.)
- Sales order entry and confirming accuracy
- Answer phones & light filing
- Expedite customer orders to secure on-time delivery
- Perform weekly backlog report and alert customers if there has been a change in delivery
- Answer customer inquiries or expedite lists regarding order status, including early delivery or past-due status
- Be willing to assist the sales team when called upon
- Take customer order information if sales representative is unavailable
- Return telephone calls to customers with information as directed by sales representatives
- Resolve problems as ability permits
- Coordinate order problem resolutions with sales representatives and customers
- Verify orders are processed correctly; ensure orders requiring special handling are dealt with by branch coordination in a timely manner
- Aids and assists in researching accounting problems
- Expand and upgrade product knowledge using literature, factory representatives, product managers, sales managers and sales representatives as sources
- Act as back up for team mates when absences or busy times occur
HW Staffing Solutions provides job seekers nationwide great direct hire, temporary and temporary to hire job opportunities with great employers. Find jobs in accounting & finance, office & administrative, light industrial, professional/technical, call center and food processing. Get personal attention, unrivaled benefits and a chance to grow your career.
Schadaxary (Schary) Belgaumkar
Senior Executive Recruiter
I have been working with HW Staffing Solutions for the past 2 1/2 years. I have extensive experience in light industrial positions, administrative & clerical positions. My passion is helping people find their ideal job!